Mbabane, 15 August 2023: The Small Enterprises Development Company (SEDCO) and the World Association for Small and Medium Enterprises (WASME) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate in developing, promoting and assisting the country’s MSMEs in their overall development using WASME’s strong and global experience, expertise and exposure.
WASME a global non-profit organization headquartered in Noida, India has been spearheading the cause and development of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) across the globe since its inception in 1980. The organisation has agreed to lend SEDCO its highly specialised expertise and solutions in supporting MSME growth and competitiveness through trainings, network linkages, MSME marketing promotion services, access to financing, knowledge management, policy advocacy and more.
Activities to be undertaken as part of the MoU may include:
- Skills development and entrepreneurship development programmes
- Training of trainers, accreditation for trainers and business coaches
- Development of training and business coaching manuals
- Online training in the area of digital marketing and e-commerce
- Organizing international conferences and exhibitions
- MSME training in technology transfer, use of machines and equipment
- Establishing a business incubation management system (BIMS)
- Joint research studies for gap analysis as well as for policy advocacy on the burning issues of MSMEs in Eswatini
Zamantolo Fakudze, SEDCO’s Corporate Communications Officer said the MOU will strengthen SEDCO’s efforts in assisting Eswatini’s MSMEs to develop, extend their market base, and improve their performance.